Edema or swelling is one of the most common complaints in pregnancy. It worsens as the pregnancy progresses. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water and avoiding excess salt intake. Wearing supportive socks or compression stockings will minimize swelling and help decrease leg cramps as well. You should only become worried if one leg swells noticeably larger than the other, there is a significant amount of pain in the larger leg and warmth and redness. Elevating your legs while sitting will also help reduce the symptoms.
Get in Touch
- 3501 N. MacArthur Blvd, Ste 500
Irving, TX 75062
- You Can Have a Baby and Save Someone’s Life – Find Out HowDecember 16, 2021 - 11:26 pm
- Teen Dating Violence Is a Problem, but Texas Governor Vetos Bill to Stop ItOctober 17, 2021 - 4:36 pm
- New Money From CDC Can Reduce the High Rate of Birth Defects in TexasOctober 10, 2021 - 9:53 pm
- North Texas Obgyns Need to Know About Monoclonal Antibodies for Covid-19September 19, 2021 - 5:27 pm