Fibroid tumors are benign smooth muscle tumors of the uterus and occur in 20-30% of women of reproductive age. Your risk for developing fibroids increase with elevated BMI, early first menses and lack of child bearing. Its incidence is also increased in African American women. Pregnancy appears to protect against the development of fibroid tumors reducing your risk for about 10 years after birth.
Get in Touch
- 3501 N. MacArthur Blvd, Ste 500
Irving, TX 75062
- You Can Have a Baby and Save Someone’s Life – Find Out HowDecember 16, 2021 - 11:26 pm
- Teen Dating Violence Is a Problem, but Texas Governor Vetos Bill to Stop ItOctober 17, 2021 - 4:36 pm
- New Money From CDC Can Reduce the High Rate of Birth Defects in TexasOctober 10, 2021 - 9:53 pm
- North Texas Obgyns Need to Know About Monoclonal Antibodies for Covid-19September 19, 2021 - 5:27 pm