Routine DEXA scans begin at the age of 65 unless you have any additional risk factors for osteoporosis. These would include smoking, alcohol use, low body weight, Caucasian race, or chronic steroid use. All women should have at least 1000mg of calcium daily and 600IU of vitamin D; either from diet or supplements. Weight bearing exercise and healthy lifestyle are also important factors in reducing bone fracture risk.
Get in Touch
- 3501 N. MacArthur Blvd, Ste 500
Irving, TX 75062
- You Can Have a Baby and Save Someone’s Life – Find Out HowDecember 16, 2021 - 11:26 pm
- Teen Dating Violence Is a Problem, but Texas Governor Vetos Bill to Stop ItOctober 17, 2021 - 4:36 pm
- New Money From CDC Can Reduce the High Rate of Birth Defects in TexasOctober 10, 2021 - 9:53 pm
- North Texas Obgyns Need to Know About Monoclonal Antibodies for Covid-19September 19, 2021 - 5:27 pm