The muscles of the pelvic floor are located at the bottom of the pelvis. These muscles attach to the pubic bone in the front and the tail bone in the back. The muscles are shaped like a sling and help to support the bladder and other organs of the pelvis. These muscles surround the anus, vagina and urethra and help to control urination, defecation and intercourse. The muscles of the pelvic floor are skeletal muscles and thus under voluntary control.
Get in Touch
- 3501 N. MacArthur Blvd, Ste 500
Irving, TX 75062
- You Can Have a Baby and Save Someone’s Life – Find Out HowDecember 16, 2021 - 11:26 pm
- Teen Dating Violence Is a Problem, but Texas Governor Vetos Bill to Stop ItOctober 17, 2021 - 4:36 pm
- New Money From CDC Can Reduce the High Rate of Birth Defects in TexasOctober 10, 2021 - 9:53 pm
- North Texas Obgyns Need to Know About Monoclonal Antibodies for Covid-19September 19, 2021 - 5:27 pm